Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Aqidah/Kalam' started by Aqdas, Sep 14, 2020.
Given the context, here it should be heretics (Ahlul bid3ah), rather than sinners.
Again, to have to explain such basic principles to adults is exasperating but here goes.
1. We are Ahl al-Sunnah.
2. We love all connections of RasulAllah ﷺ. The place he was born, where he rests, those he touched, people in his family, those Muslims who saw him and much more. Anything or anyone with the slightest relation with him ﷺ, we respect.
3. We love all sahabah because of RasulAllah ﷺ. They saw HIM ﷺ and due to this vision, we respect them.
4. Sahabah were all human. They could and did have differences in ijtihad.
5. Mawla Ali differed with Amir Muawiyah.
6. The rank of Mawla Ali is so far higher than Amir Muawiyah's that if a horse travelled at lightning speed for a thousand years, it would still not reach it if its starting point was the rank of Amir Muawiyah.
7. Amir Muawiyah is reviled by deviants.
8. We defend him against this as he has a connection to RasulAllah ﷺ.
9. Defending him does not mean we compare him to Mawla Ali. See point 6.
10. The ijtihad of Mawla Ali was correct and that of Amir Muawiyah was mistaken. Whoever thinks otherwise is a deviant.
11. Defence of Amir Muawiyah is done because he is a sahabi and not because we consider his ijtihad to be correct or his rank even remotely comparable to Mawla Ali's.
12. So if we raise slogans for Amir Muawiyah, it is because he is a sahabi. It is not to compare his leadership, politics, rank or ijtihad to Mawla Ali's.
13. Defence of Amir Muawiyah is crucial because if people begin holding negative views of him, there is a real danger of moving onto other sahabah too. This is practically seen.
14. Amir Muawiyah is known as the 'curtain of the sahabah' because once that is lifted, i.e. he is reviled, other sahabah are also a target.
15. The imam of Ahl al-Sunnah, Alahazrat Imam Ahmad Rida Khan summed it up perfectly:
فرق مراتب بے شمار
اور حق بدست حیدر کرار
مگر معاویہ بھی ہمارے سردار
طعن ان پربھی کار فجار
- The differences in rank are innumerable
- and the truth is with Haydar Karrār [the attacking lion, Ali]
- but Muawiyah too is our leader
- reviling him is the work of sinners.
رضي الله عنهم