Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Bibliophile's Corner' started by Abu Aaminah, Feb 20, 2015.
Are any of these rasayil translated into english?
Are these linked to somewhere and availabe to download, I couldn't see anything in the resources section?
very beneficial - جزاكم الله خيرا
yet another collection of 10 rasayil:
1. ayn al-hayat fi ma'rifati al-dhat wa'l af'al wa'l sifat / abi'l fat'h makki
2. mas'alah wahdat al-wujud / muhammad ja'afar al-kattani
3. matla' al-jud bi taHqiqi al-tanzih fi waHadat al-wujud / burhanuddin al-kawrani
4. tanbih al-uqul ala tanzih al-sufiyah min iytiqadi al-tajsim wa'l ayniyyah wa'l ittiHad wa'l Hulul / burhanuddin ibn Hasan al-kawrani
5. eeDah al-maqsud min ma'ana waHdat al-wujud / abd al-ghani nablusi
6. mawrid al-azb li dhawi'l wurud fi kashfi ma'ana waHdat al-wujud / mustafa ibn kamal bakri
7. naf'Hatul juud fi waHdat al-wujud / aTayillah al-az'hari
8. fayD al-Haqq al-wadud bi bayani aqayid al-khalq fi waHdat al-wujud / shah yusuf qadri nayluri
9. ta'yeed madh'hab al-Sufiyah bi'r radd ala al-wahabiyah / mustafa shatti hanbali
10. sharh mash'had nur al-wujud li'sh shaykh al-akbar / sitt ajam bint al-nafis baghdadiyah (686 AH)
another collection of 10 rasayil: rasayil al-Sufiyah
1. rawD al-aniq fi wuSul al-Talibin ila maqam al-taHqiq
shaykh muhammad damuni, d.1208AH
2. tafsir fatiHah al-kitab wa asrar bismillah
shaykh al-akbar ibn arabi, d.638AH
3. nafaHat al-qurb wa'l ittiSal bi ithbat al-taSrif li awliya Allah ta'ala wa'l karamat ba'ad al-intiqal
shaykh ahmad ibn al-Hamwi, d.1098AH
4. risalah fi dawran al-Sufiyah
shaykh ali ibn muhammad al-jamali tunisi, d.1248AH
5. risalah libas al-futuwwah
shaykh ali ibn muhammad wafa, d.806 AH
6. fat'H al-Haqq fi'l jam'a wa'l farq
shaykh ahmad ibn yusuf hareethi, d.862 AH
7. ghurar fi faDayil umar
jalaluddin suyuti, d.911 AH
8. dua'a bi asma'a suwar al-qura'an al-karim
9. asrar al-wujud al-ma'aruf bi'l hay'ah al-sunniyyah fi'l hay'ah al-saniyyah
jalaluddin suyuti, d.911 AH
10. risalah waHdat al-wujud
mulla jami, d.898 AH
there is one collection of 10 rasayil named: jam'a al-maqal (apart from known ulama; and i have just listed them)
1. riyad al-saadat fi ithbat al-karamaat li'l awliya haal al-hayat wa ba'ad al-mamat /
shaykh abd al-Halim ibn muhammad al-rumi al-Hanafi, d.1013 AH
2. tanbih al-azkiya / shaykh ahmad ibn mansur jundi hanafi misri
3. nafahat al-qurb wa'l ittisal bi ithbat al-taSarruf li'l awliya ba'ad al-intiqal/ shaykh al-islam shihabuddin abi'l abbas ahmad ibn muhammad al-Hamwi al-miSri d. 1098 AH.
4. fayD al-ali dhi'l jalal bi ithbati karamat al-awliya fi'l hayat wa ba'd al-intiqal/ shaykh muhaddith ahmad al-jawhari al-khalidi, d.1181 AH.
5. sahm al-qawi fi naHri kulla ghabiy wa ghawiy / shaykh al-islam ahmad ibn ahamd al-sijayi, d.1197 AH.
6. suyuf al-Siqal fi raqabati man yunkiru karamat al-awliya ba'd al-intiqal / shaykh al-imam abd al-Baqi al-khazraji al-maqdisi, d.1078 AH.
7. risalah fi karamat al-awliya wa innaha la tanqatiyu bi mawtihim
shaykh ahmad ibn shihab al-ajami al-wafayi / d.1086 AH.
8. fatwa muhammad bukhit al-muTiyi
9. fatwa yusuf dajwi
10 fatwa ibrahim samnudi
That is a good list, though, for me, I will have to check the historicity of the attribution of some of those works as it changes, for me, formative period and formation of tasawwuf. However, kashf al-Mahjub by Data Sahib (d. 465) is also from the classical times.
muqaddimah fi't taSawwuf, arbayin fi't taSawwuf and uyub al-nafs wa adwiyatuha of imam abd al-RaHman al-sullami (d. 412 AH)
uzlah of imam abu sulayman Hamd al-khattabi (d.388 AH)
qut al-qulub of shaykh al-imam abu Talib al-makki (d.386 AH)
al-ta'arruf li madh'habi ahl al-taSawwuf by abu bakr kallabadhi (d.380 AH)
ghurabaa, akhlaq al-ulama, akhlaq ahl al-qur'an and many other books by imam aajurriyy? (d.360 AH)
aadab al-muridin, adab al-nafs and riyaDat al-nafs (nufus) by Hakim al-tirmidhi (d.320 AH)
books of imam ibn abi'd dunya (d.261 AH) who was a contemporary of imam bukhari
or books of imam harith al-muHasibi (d.243 AH): aadab al-nufus, wasaya etc.
or kitab al-zuhd of mu'afa ibn imran (d.185 AH) [he was a student of imam al-azam sufyan al-thawri]
or kitab al-zuhd of abdullah ibn mubarak (d.181 AH)
Identical Name but two different books. This Sufi one is by Ibn 'Ata' Allah al-Sakandari (r). and the lexican is by al-Zabidi (r).
Of the books, Tahdhib al-Asrar by al-Kharkoshi (d.407) would be a good starting point as it pre-dates al-Risala al-Qushayria by al-Qushayri (d.465) and the latter was used by al-Shaykh Abdul Qadir al-jilani(r) ghaus-e-azam for tasawwuf. The reasoning is that these are among the earliest treatise and not speaking from a personal experience. Far from being a sufi as it is in those works.
how come taj al urus is listed in tasawwuf, it should be in lexicon category; and these are so many books, could you please post a list of highly recommended/mandatory books
these books are good enough for a lifetime. some books are essential - and will help you identify false sufis and cults. some names have been posted by brothers in various threads.